Food & Beverage
Food and beverage processing companies have unique challenges requiring advanced food and beverage water treatment and wastewater treatment solutions. These challenges include optimizing water efficiency and exceeding regulation compliance standards.
There is typically four main water processes involved in food and beverage processing. These processes are cooling water, process water, boiler feed water and process wastewater. The typical allocation of water used in each process varies by industry, from about 60-65% for processing uses in the meat & poultry industry to about 15-20% for the sugar processing industry.
- Process water in the food industry typically includes the washing of raw food items and food processing equipment, dissolving/extraction, and the addition of water to the final product.
- Cooling water is typically used in refrigeration equipment and in equipment required to cool raw materials used in production.
- Boiler feed water is used for cooking, evaporation or heating equipment used in production.
- Wastewater treatment in food/beverage processing operations typically involves treating varying strength effluent streams that can fluctuate in flow and composition including total suspended solids (TSS), fats/oils/greases, particulate BOD and COD, making wastewater treatment challenging.
akvola Technologies custom builds specialized food and beverage water treatment solutions serving the needs of the poultry processing, meat processing, seafood processing, beverage, and fruit/vegetable processing market segments of the food and beverage industry.
The textile industry is a water intensive industry. Rising water costs due to increasing water scarcity and more stringent environmental regulations have lead to textile companies globally to seek advanced, innovative and efficient textile wastewater treatment solutions to assist them to reduce their water footprint, decrease operational cost and maintain regulatory compliance. Therefore, sustainable water quality management and conservation through water reuse strategies are increasingly becoming critical to the entire operations of a textile manufacturer.
In the textile industry, water is typically treated for various production applications. These applications include process water for cleaning the raw fabric material which typically accounts for about 40-45% of the process water, with rinse water used in the fabric dyeing, printing, and fabric finishing processes accounting for around 55-60% of total process water consumption.
The textile industry has many issues in dealing with their wastewater effluent from the various treatment processes. The waste water effluent typically contains high levels of suspended solids, phosphates, dyes, oils, salts (glauber salt or NaCl), organo-pesticides, non biodegradable organics and heavy metals. Without proper textile wastewater treatment, serious environmental issues related to the discharge of this effluent occur causing pollution of the surrounding regions.
akvola Technologies can work with your organization to design, engineer and supply optimized innovative and environmental friendly water and textile wastewater treatment solutions to meet the critical challenges facing your textile manufacturing operations.
Important Benefits for the Textile Industry in working with us:
- Environmentally Friendly Advanced Textile Wastewater Treatment Solutions designed to handle the unique characteristics of textile waste water for water reuse including suspended solids, BOD, COD, heavy metals, and non biodegradable organics.
- System Solution Flexibility & Optimization for Reliability, Sustainability, and Performance.
- Reduction/Removal of Specific Contaminants.
Aquaculture and Fish Farming
This industry is suffering with several water quality challenges requiring sustainable aquaculture water treatment solutions to enhance fish health, and population yield while meeting environmental discharge regulations.
The challenges facing aquaculture companies include emerging growth rates of specific bacteria and viruses, water usage, and environmental discharge regulations.
akvola Technologies can assist Aquaculture and Fish Farming operations to cost-effectively increase production through customized chemical-free aquaculture water treatment solutions designed to address the challenges they face on an ongoing basis to optimize cost, enhance fish yield and population size.
Important Benefits for the Aquaculture and Fish Farming Industry in working with us:
- Specialized Treatment & Filtration Solutions for Bacteria, BOD, COD, & Suspended Solids.
- System Processes are Customized for Reliability, Sustainability, and Performance.
- Reduction/Removal of Specific Contaminants including Phosphate.
In the industry of materials transformation, the degreasing is a necessary stage before any other surface treatment. It is realized with the help of an aqueous solution containing a detergent, which emulsifies the oil allowing for the part to be degreased.
The bath containing the degreaser becomes progressively charged with oil and the cleaning agent (or degreaser) must be frequently replaced, otherwise it becomes quickly inefficient.
akvoFloat™ allows for the continuous elimination of oil and the recycling of a filtrate containing the purified cleaning agent.
The working lifetime of the bath product is considerably increased.
Important Benefits for the Surface Treatment Industry in working with us:
- Increase in the effective working life of the degreasing solution.
- Maintain of the quality of the parts under control, reducing rejects.
- Reduction in the consumption of water usage and cleaning agent.
- No staff required to operate the system.