Internship – Technical Sales / Market Analyst (m/f)
akvola Technologies is a Berlin-based water technology company specialized in oil-water separation and suspended solids removal from hard-to-treat industrial wastewater. We sell custom solutions based on our proprietary akvoFloat™ technology – a highly energy-efficient flotation-filtration water treatment process that can replace up to 4 state-of-the-art technologies in one single piece of equipment.
The only way to achieve a sustainable freshwater supply in the long run is by desalination or wastewater reuse — both complex processes that require increasing amounts of energy. At the same time, energy generation, storage and transformation also requires increasing amounts of water. This mega trend, known as the Water-Energy Nexus, poses one of the main challenges of the 21st century, and akvola Technologies’ mission is to solve it.
We are looking for talented engineers and/or businessmen in order to successfully market our innovative water treatment systems. Full-time, at least 3-6 months.
- Sales Prospecting: find and reach out to potential customers in order to find new business.
- Competition Analysis: companies, technologies&products, pricing, terms&conditions, competences, region of operation, differentiation of akvoFloat™ etc.
- Market Analysis: define market segment attractiveness, identify potential partners&customers, customer interviews, decision makers & responsibilities, pain points, regulations, value chain structure, etc.
- You have a background in Industrial Engineering, Chemical/Process Engineering and you have always wanted to explore the “business” side of things. Industrial Engineering with knowledge of water treatment also qualifies.
- You work autonomously, goal-driven and creatively to achieve the companies’ goals. You OWN the tasks.
- You have excellent communication skills. You know how to build rapport and cold calling does not intimidate you.
- You are fluent in English. Knowledge in German and other languages is a plus.
What we offer:
- Lots of responsibility (all you can take!) and the chance to build up something great together with us.
- An exciting workplace with a great atmosphere and flat hierarchies (Founder-sitting-next-to-you kind of flat) where everybody is aware of the strategic company goals.
- You will work with a very talented and international team.
Interested? Then send your application to [email protected] to the attention of Lucas León. Don’t forget to mention: – Possible starting date and desired duration (min. 3 months) – Cover letter, transcript of records and recommendation letter (with contact details)